Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rockin These Socks

Today I ran a 10K for the Racing with Babes: Rock Your Socks Half/10K Virtual Race
After a couple of weeks of looking for a super cute pair of socks, including browsing a few shops in partly sunny San Diego, I finally settled on a pair that a friend got me from Pac Sun. 

Not nearly as cute as the ones that Racing With Babes mom wears but they will have to do. I really want a pair of socks from Little Miss Matched though. They are on my wish list ;)

Back to the run info:  First off, whoever ordered a heavy dose of wind in Idaho should call and cancel.  It has been blowing for days and since today was the last day of the run I had to bear with it.  It must have been at least 20 mph.  I started off good and strong but when I turned directions and had to run into the wind I didn't think I was going to make it.  

I always look forward to these trees on my run.  They smell so good!  Crappy picture as I was running when I took it.
My run consisted of 3 medium laps and 1 short lap around my neighborhood. Total distance was 6.2 miles with a total time of 58:39.  I sure was tired by the time I was done but alas I had completed my run.  (I haven't run for almost 2 weeks.  I am blaming it on laziness and my vacation, although we did do a ton of walking including hills in San Diego.) 
Thanks for the challenge from Racing with Babes!  I enjoyed it (except for the wind.)

3 comments:

  1. Great race! I love the socks! The header looks fantastic. I might just have to do something like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog! You made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. Super cute outfit and socks.

    Just found your blog from the RYSO race.

    ReplyDelete