Monday, July 5, 2010

Ugh....

Tomorrow I am planning on running a half marathon (around my neighborhood.)  I have never run that distance but I am going to give it a try.  I am hoping to run the Kelly Canyon Half Marathon in a couple of weeks and am still trying to convince myself that I can do it.  I do feel like I can make it to the finish but I am concerned about being able to run the entire race.  Plus there is a significant hill in the race and I don't have any experience running hills.  Lack of training on my part.  Last Sunday I ran 8 miles and I was miserable.  It was hot and I didn't have any water.  Also I haven't been running as much as I should be.  I have been a huge slacker and I feel it when I do run.  Not sure what is holding me back besides me.  I still have the desire to run just cant make myself get out the door for some reason.  I know I am capable of running long distances I just need to convince myself and remember the reason that I run...for my personal joy and health.

So anyone running the Kelly Canyon Half in Ririe, Idaho on July 17th?

Mileage update: 205.6 Miles for the year.  Not as good as I would have hoped but every mile run is part of the journey for me.

In other news...Bear is all healed up from his neuter procedure.  Today he got the stitches removed from his head  where he had a small wart removed.  The vet said he is good to go and he will be joining us on the road again this week!  We are very excited as it is good for all of us to get out.

Also Tomm is considering running the Mesa Falls Half Marathon with me.  He is starting his training this week.  I know he can do it.  It will be super awesome to run this distance with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment