Sunday, April 18, 2010

A day of firsts

First off it was a beautiful morning. Chilly (for me) when we headed out but I warmed up quickly. Thinking I may have to get some capris or a running skirt that I have been eyeing, soon!

Tomm ran with me for a while and then I headed off on my own.   

On to the firsts:

Today I tried a Gu energy gel. I was pretty tired during my 7.5 miles last Saturday so I decided to try something to help. I hated the texture but the taste wasnt so bad. I think it did help me with my energy level but I had better consume the entire packet next time. I would give them a thumbs up!

Most impressivly today I ran 9.5 miles! I did take a very short break after mile 5 but I continued on. I wish I would have finished up at 10 miles but I am still impressed as I only set out to do 8. Last longest run was 7.5 miles.  Felt pretty good but was glad when it was over. The Gu must have worked. Total time: 01:30:34   Not too shabby! In fact for me its a PR!

Last first for the day...I took a super cold recovery bath. I have been having some soreness in my legs from the mid-calf down so considering I ran a long run today I decided it was time. I turned the water on as cold as it would go, but no ice. After a while my legs just went numb so it wasnt so bad. I did wrap up in a towel on my top half. :) I feel like a "real runner" now!  Also have residual blisters on the toes on my left foot. Cant figure out how to prevent them.

Totals for the week:3.0+4.5+9.5+130.75=147.75

No comments:

Post a Comment